However treatment should continue to alleviate the suffering of patients, the treatment is done to treat pain and swelling, keep the joints to keep it running optimally, preventing further damage to the organs.
Treatment of rheumatism such as by taking medications, rest, relaxation, exercise, diet. Other treatments such as the use of sedatives, tools, splint or brace weight can also be performed, in severe cases, surgery may be necessary.
Overcoming Arthritis TherapyThese treatment plans typically combine several types of treatment and can be changed according to the conditions arthritic patients, some drug therapy can be administered to patients which are
AnalgesicsThis class of drugs serves to overcome or alleviate pain in the joints, for example, aspirin, and acetaminophen ibuprofen.
The purpose of giving these drugs which suppress the onset of hormones that cause inflammation, side effects of this drug is that it can hurt the stomach.
CorticosteroidsThis class of drugs widely used in the treatment of arthritis includes prednisone, cortisone, solum cedrol, and hydrocortisone.
How it works swelling kostikoroid is overcome and suppress the immune system so inflammation in arthritic reduced.
Corticosteroids can be taken by mouth, cream applied to the skin or by injection.
Short-term side effects of corticosteroids are swelling, increased appetite, weight gain, and emotional fluctuations, the side effects will stop when the consumption of the drug is discontinued.
While the long-term side effects that the scratch marks on the skin, excessive hair growth, brittle bones (osteoporosis) high blood pressure, damage to blood vessels, increase blood sugar levels, infections, and cataracts, if this drug should be discontinued gradually should not be abrupt.
Non-drug therapiesLately more and more available alternative non-drug therapies, such as natural or herbal ingredients and supplements, some non-drug rheumatic therapy as follows
- Drugs supplements and vegetables that can be used by people with arthritis:
- Vegetable juices such as juice celery, cabbage, carrot drink vegetable juice can help reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
Vitamin C can alleviate the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, according to a study, the disease AR lack of vitamin C in the body.
However, vitamin C dose should also pay attention not to hurt the stomach.
Fish and fish oil. fish oil capsules containing omega-3 fatty acids can eliminate all the pain and swelling of arthritis, in addition to fish oil is also rich in vitamin D which helps the growth of bones and vitamin A to help fight inflammation, fish oil took every day as much as a tablespoon. Fish rich in omega-3s are salmon, tuna, and sardines.
- Vitamin B-3 (niacinamide) 500 mg, vitamin B-3 a day helps improve joint movement, the effect will be seen after 8 weeks.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) can reduce pain and inflammation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, this vitamin also helps the body to create materials to strengthen joints
- Multivitamins containing boron, zinc, copper, selenium and manganese.
- Melatonin controls the sleep patterns so that they can sleep soundly.
- Pycnogenol. found in grape seeds and bark virus, pycnogenol help joints affected by arthritis, affects eliminate toxins and strengthen the immune system.
Treat arthritis with herbsToday more and more people with arthritis who use herbal medicine. Some herbal ingredients that help fight arthritis pain as follows:
- Ginger and turmeric. both of which are anti-inflammatory ingredient is excellent and can reduce pain and swollen joints. Ginger may protect the stomach and is good for digestion and turmeric can be consumed in the form of powder or tea.
- Spicy chili. can reduce inflammation and relieve pain may be used as a cream or ointment.
- Aloe leaves. can boost the immune system and anti-inflammatory that is very strong. Aloe vera juice can be consumed in the form of 2 ounces per day or capsules in doses three times a day.
- Rosemary functions similar to aspirin but no side effects, Rosemary works as an anti-inflammatory for all types of arthritis.
- Aromatherapy. Using the essential oil as a lotion that is absorbed through the skin.
- Juniper oil, eliminate swelling in the joints.